I currently use Anquet as my digital mapping tool. However I’m growing to dislike it by a large amount. I find the user interface clunky, the way it saves the various databases, and the cost of the maps.
I tried Quo, and is by far the better of the two. Far more features and the user interface has been thought about in an intelligent way, rather than mashed by a chimpanzee with ADHD.
Things I like about Quo,
- Integration with Google Earth, view routes directly from the application
- Export / Import Google Earth KML files
- Printing. So much better than with Anquet, which dont let you print to images at all.
- MultiChart Technology Zoom in and zoom out through different maps in different scales, changing dynamically without having to open each map individually
- No stupid database handling.
- 3D View much smoother, and the ability to print the 3D view and the height charts
- Better route cards.
- Individual tiles. Just the area you need, and no more
- Prices. Quo is so much less than Anquet.
So, Anquet will not be getting my money when I download my 1:25K tiles, that will definitely be spent upon Quo. I’ll write a more concise comparison when I’ve used quo for a time.